(AKA Helpful Spots and Spaces Found In My Virtual Travels)
I thought this would be a good place to share some of the resources that I happen upon during my travels around the internet… Some of these have been found through Google, some by following a link from another link, and some are links that were shared on Facebook or Twitter, or email newsgroup that I feel the need to share, with you.
- Asperger’s Association of New England/ AANE. Regardless of where you are located, AANE offers a wealth of helpful information on living with and raising a child with Asperger’s. They also hold fantastic conferences and events throughout the year.
Autism: For Friends & Family:
- Your Child Has Autism and I Don’t Know What To Say: From Delightfully Different Life
- The Need For Routine… (specifically about Asperger’s, but applied well to other areas of the spectrum as well… I found that lots of folks do not understand that the need for structure is a real thing and not just a device to make it seem like we are spoiling our kids or to drive friends and family bananas. Really.)
- Snagglebox has many helpful lists and suggestions for parents & teachers of autistic kids. They also have a fantastic parent’s guide to Minecraft
- G6PDDeficiency.ORG is a fantastic resource and has a mailing list/email group. The most comprehensive source of information on living the healthy life with G6PD Deficiency (and/or raising a child with G6PD Deficiency)
- Angel Docs Online: G6PD Deficiency Awareness
- Favism.org (site available in English & Italian)
Special Needs Parenting Community & Support:
- Shut Up About Your Perfect Kid – really warm and wonderful (and often hilarious!) community on Facebook